- buy a cheap IR remote (15-20€) with usb receiver for the ps3
(for example nyko or bigben)
- program your universal remote
- throw away the el cheapo remote, keep the receiver
in my case
- bought a “bigben ps3 remote”
- programmed my harmony 525
- added a new device, “game console with DVD”
- configured activity “watch a dvd” to use this new device.
- didn’t work when you select “playstation 3” as the “game console with dvd”
solution : You have to select bigben with product code BB 251548 (or nyko bluwave if you bought a nyko).
- every IR command to the ps3 was sent twice to the ps3.Â Handy.
solution : in the harmony remote software
- go to troubleshoot device “game console with dvd”
- go to … commands sent multiple times …
- change value from 3 to 1