If you do not configure your antivirus software properly, the performance of the device (desktop, laptop, Citrix Presentation Server) may suffer. Below is a list of symptoms that may indicate the antivirus software is interfering with the normal operation of the EdgeSight agent, and in turn affecting the end user’s performance and/or productivity.
• The device seems sluggish or generally slower than normal after installing the EdgeSight agent or upgrading your antivirus configuration.
• You see prolonged high CPU utilization or a significant increase in the Thread Queue Length associated with the following EdgeSight agent processes:
• You see prolonged high CPU utilization or a significant increase in the Thread Queue Length associated with any of the antivirus software processes.
• You see a significant change in the Disk I/O Performance. For example, if the % Disk Write time or Disk Write Queue Length increase significantly.
• A real-time troubleshooter (from any Internet Explorer Web console) to the device deteriorates (slows down) then hangs the Internet Explorer.
Regardless of whether you are currently experiencing any of these symptoms, you should follow the steps outlined in the Resolution section below. Ideally, this procedure should be executed before any EdgeSight agents are deployed.