Posted in HTC
Warning : the following will erase everything on your phone, your settings, your data, etc!
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.
- From the Home screen, press MENU and then tap Settings.
- Scroll down the screen and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
- On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.
- With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button..
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER.
- Press VOLUME UP to start the factory reset.
more help can always be asked on the XDA desire forums
warning : the following will ERASE all data on your phone, you will lose all your settings! The device will be in the state like you unpacked it from the box. Use it as a last option only. (or after flashing a new rom).
- With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen:
- “This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default. Press VolUp to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel.”
- Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
After ROM flashing I like to HardReset the phone, just to make sure everything is nice and clean. So you end up at the UPDATE SUCCESSFUL! screen, and now want to ?HardReset your Rhodium. You can’t turn it off and on again, because it is boot loader. The solution is easy, and basically the same as above:
- With two fingers, press down TALK/SEND and END/HANG UP
- With your other hand hold down POWER
- Ask someone/use your mouth to press the Reset hole
- Hold on to all 3 buttons until you get to the HR screen
- Press Volume Up to HR your Rhodium.
If you have a Telus or Verizon TP2 (Sprint not tested but likely the same), the combination is different.
- Power off the phone using the ‘end’ key.
- Hold ‘volume down’ and ‘send’, the press ‘end’ till you see blue text. Follow hard reset prompts.
more info can be found on the xda wiki or you can ask for help in the xda rhodium forums
Posted in HTC
Tagged hardreset, HTC
found this little application for our windows mobile devices :
Groovefish will allow you to search for and play virtually any song in the world for free via your Windows Mobile 6.x device!
developed by Barguast
development / download bugs etc here
if you don’t know what grooveshark is
It hasn’t been officially released yet (it’s gold however), but here is the master thread with Windows Mobile 6.5 themes, skins, apps, etc.
for example :
but I still prefere touch flo 3D 2 🙂
check it out here :
As most of you have found out, Monx no longer offers his rom trough XDA, but strictly trough his website. Access to his roms is now only available after a donation. You’re choice, his rom’s are worth it, check it out here And that will be the last thing I write about RoMeOS, until his policy changes.
now for another ROM. I highly recommend Shep’s Custom Windows Mobile 6.5 series. It’s as fast & Stable as Windows Mobile 6.1 (if not faster on many occasions), I have a GPS lock within 5-10 seconds (with quick gps data downloaded), etc.
You might want to check out the new windows Mobile 6.5 interface, personally I prefer the Touch Flo 3D 2 interface!
Check it out here
Check out this new theme from showaco : BBExtreme 4.